Thursday, October 02, 2008

A New Entry

So...some of you may be happy to know that we've been covering the topic of blogs in one of my courses this week (Information Technology for Library Professionals). Therefore, one of my assignments actually includes posting on a blog. What a great excuse to finally catch up on some long overdue blogging!

Well, a lot has happened in the last several months. I went through a major break-up this past spring, and decided this summer to finally make the move back to the Pacific Northwest. It has definitely been a time of enormous life changes! I am still working on my Library degree through Kent State, but will be finishing up the program online (the 1500+ mile commute is a little prohibitive to continuing the on site component of the program!).

I am currently enjoying lots of quality time with my family--my parents and one of my sisters (Terri) and her family. In particular I am having a blast seeing my 3 1/2 year old niece 3-5 times a week. She is absolutely adorable and a joy to be around. I don't know where I will end up once I begin the Librarian job hunt, so for now I am making the most of the time I have here with my family close by. Of course, the only thing that would make it more perfect is if my other sister, Cindy, and her husband were close by as well. But, I guess that just means another trip to LA is in order soon!! ;o)

Well, I think that's it for the initial "catching up" post. I will try to make my next post more interesting. Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: