Thursday, July 26, 2007

Catching Up

If you have read my previous post and are still wondering what the verdict is, you can find more details in the "comments" related to that posting. The short version of the story is that I decided the job I was applying for didn't meet my current needs and I am staying on full-time at St. Mark's.

The next "transition" phase is starting to gear up. The interim rector has three weeks remaining. The associate rector will be on vacation much of August. And the new rector will begin moving into his office the Tuesday after Labor Day. He'll be just in time for my jet-lagged orientation to the St. Mark's Office after my return from a crazy long-weekend trip to L.A. to visit my sister, Cindy. There will be some quiet days in the office this month, but certainly the pace will begin to pick up as the Fall schedule approaches and programs start up again.

Also, my fall semester classes begin the last week of August. I'm hoping it's not too much of an uncomfortable jolt back to the studious life. I'll be taking a core class on The Organization of Information which I think will help me learn more about some of the technical aspects of librarianship. I'm looking forward to it as hopefully providing additional insight into what areas of library work most appeal to me. My other class is Information Sources and Reference Services. I am also looking forward to that class as some direct training on providing reference services--a core skill required for librarianship! Plus, I find great joy in learning new sources of information! Each question is like a puzzle, and I find great satisfaction in helping someone find the answer to their question.

I have more to write, but alas, I am off to do some volunteer work at the Hamma Library at Trinity Lutheran Seminary. Cheers!

No comments: