Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Grace happens

Gratitude. The secret to living large, I  believe, is gratitude. Lately my heart and soul are filled with a kind of gratitude that makes life feel ten-times, if not one-hundred-times, larger than it normally is. 

Gratitude takes us outside of ourselves to acknowledge some sort of imparted grace. I've never been to the Grand Canyon, but the thoughts, feelings, and emotions that come up for me lately as I encounter my daily life seem similar to what one would experience gazing into that vast canyon--awe, wonder, amazement, and the clear awareness of being a part of something so much bigger than oneself. "Life is beautiful!" is the current refrain that has been playing repeatedly in my head.

Facing each day with a heart already overflowing with thankfulness for all the blessings I've been graced with allows me greater freedom to be in the moment and to live more fully in the present. I'm able to live large--to have abundant life--because of how this perspective of gratitude shapes my response to anything that gets "thrown" at me. 

Shit happens...but grace happens, too. Why not choose grace?

No comments: