Sunday, October 01, 2006

Intro. to Blogging

This is my first blog entry. I have always struggled with introductions. How to begin a paper at the beginning? I'd much rather jump in and get to the meat of the topic rather than take the time to first organize my thoughts coherently into a linear framework. Small talk has never been one of my strengths. But ask me any sort of deep question and I'm ready to engage in rich, meaningful conversation.

My sister recently invited several close women-folk to view the blog she has started. Her words are rich and deep. I would like to respond to the invitation to listen in to her spiritual ponderings and be able to share in the dialogue. I, too, have my own spiritual struggles and will enjoy the companionship in the journey.


Let the blogging begin!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

If there is one thing I have been longing for lately, it is community. I have never understood totally the draw to My Space. I understand that it is a way to electronically connect with people and a unique and artistic form of self expression. But there are limits to the extent of that community that the online experience can provide. Theologian Edward Farley says that it is in our Face to Face encounters that we recognize each other's humanity and the impact that we have on one another. The face to face encounter is an essential part of human existance. But at the same time we are speech people. And even when we cannot see each other face to face we can still express through speech and impact each other and be impacted by each other with our words. I am excited to see that my blog has impacted your journey and inspired a response. It is nice to not be alone out here. I look forward to reading, writing, and pondering with you in our mutual journeys.