Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm Smitten...

I met someone new on Friday.

She is chic and engaging. Classy, yet down-to-earth. She is well-versed on the classics but nontheless in tune with popular culture. She is intelligent, well-read, and an "early adopter"--always up to speed with the most current technology trends. Yet she maintains a servant's heart, interested in reaching out to persons from all walks of life, seeing them as equals to herself. As such, she maintains an approachability like none other.

I could spend hours in her presence and it would feel like only minutes. I look forward longingly to our next visit. She encourages me in my studies and reminds me of why I am here, while at the same time engaging with those nearby and encouraging them in their own unique endeavors. She is a gifted companion to many. It is heartwarming to observe.

She is always happy to welcome more visitors. In fact, she has her own website--I invite you to look her up and see how you might be able to connect: mystery woman. And here is a photo that displays her remarkable beauty: in the flesh.

No, she is not a real person, but the above is no less true of an experience for me. If you have not visited the Westerville Public Library, and you live anywhere in Ohio, you really must do so. She is a beauty! I attended a tour of the facilities on Friday afternoon with the C/ALSSO (Columbus Associated Library Science Students of Ohio) group of which I am a member. Needless to say, it was a delightful tour and each of us came away feeling enamored by the facilities. I promptly signed up for my library card and have been here every day since (okay, so it was only two days ago, but STILL....!!). It has been the perfect "study environment" for working on my paper this weekend (an assignment that involves developing criteria for evaluating the informational content of a website, followed by a case study "testing" my criteria).

As you can see, I am on a temporary study break in order to do a little blogging! But shhhhh....don't tell anyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The picture at night is stunning. What an exciting and inspiring mistress! I'm glad you have found such an inviting environment. Our libraries here in Pierce County are not quite so impressive.
Love, Cindy