Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My birthday speech

On the eve of my birthday, I think it's appropriate to share some thoughts about my life that have been on my mind recently.

As many of those who are in closest proximity to me know, this year has been one of incredible growth for me--in more ways than I can count. As a result, it is with immense gratitude that I am able to report that, although I definitely still have a lot of living left to do, I find that I have reached a place in my life in which I finally feel like if I happened to die tomorrow, I would die with the contentment that my life--though still short in many respects--has been full and complete in the ways that are most important. I wonder how many people are able to say that.

I still have many goals and dreams for the days ahead, and I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon. But, I still felt moved to share this new peace in my life and to extend a heartfelt thank you to all those who have touched my life from the biggest to smallest of ways--every bit of it counts and has made me who I am today. I've been incredibly blessed with an amazing family and wonderful friendships and acquaintances, and there's not a day that goes by that I'm not mindful of this. I will be celebrating all of you on my birthday, as I wouldn't now be "ME" without all of you first being "YOU".

Thank you. And I pray that each of you will also come to know this peace that passes all understanding, if you have not tasted it already.

No comments: