Monday, December 27, 2010

A Renewed Love Affair

Today I had an encounter that sparked a deep place in me. It's always so clear when something taps into your passion--you come alive inside in a way that's different from general everyday emotions. I totally embraced the spark and exclaimed, "Today I am having a love affair with my life!" I am a happy, happy girl.

Lately I'd been feeling the itch to get back into a real gym. I quit my gym membership this past spring and have been keeping up with my fitness in other ways. In recent months, with the shorter days and less amiable weather, I'd begun to really miss having access to a gym--particularly the cardio equipment.

As a result of a succession of seemingly-random events, I made the decision this morning to visit the new 24 Hour Fitness gym that just opened up a few miles from my house. In case you don't know this secret: new gyms often have great membership deals you can take advantage of during their grand opening period (such as waived initiation fees and lower monthly rates).

I can't even begin to describe the high that I got from walking into the gym...the anticipation of considering this brand new facility could become my brand new workout center. From head to toe she was beautiful! I felt my insides come alive with a passionate thrill as I anticipated being let loose to play in this brand new playground. I couldn't help but notice how much it felt like I was about to have a new love affair! A love affair all about me--loving myself, my life, and continuing to celebrate all the health and fitness achievements I've made over the past couple of years. It felt good to show the trainer my "before" photo and have him respond with exuberance, "You don't need the gym...the gym needs you!!!"

I'd been needing some sort of a new spark for my workouts. I definitely found it! Today I am having a love affair with my life, and it feels amazing!

No comments: