Monday, June 11, 2007

Joy and Peace

I recently ran across a wonderful quote, and was reminded of it this weekend in conversation with a friend:

"Peace is joy at rest, and joy is peace on its feet." -Anne Lamott

It is as if joy and peace have a yin-yang sort of relationship. I had never thought of it this way before, but the idea rang true as soon as I heard it. The word simplicity also comes to mind. Seek peace and there you will find joy. Seek joy and there you will find a manifestation of peace. It sounds so simple, doesn't it? I think it can be simple...if we allow it to be that way.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I hope you are having fun at your library conference. It is sad to log onto my computer and not see you there!

Kristy said...

It was fun! One of my classmates was there as well, so it was fun to catch up since I am out of classes for the summer. I will post some of my reflections on my blog soon. I go back for day 2 tomorrow, but I will be back "online" on Friday! ;o)