Friday, June 29, 2007

July is Almost Here

My, time continues to fly by. It's hard to believe yet another month has almost passed. A month ago I was celebrating Memorial Day in Durham, NC--grilling out on the deck with Vicki, Kevin, Siobhan, and Clarence. (Well, Clarence isn't actually allowed outside, so he was not on the deck with us...) I hope by now Siobhan--a.k.a. "Velcro Dog"--has gotten over my absence!

Now the Fourth of July is just a half-a-week away. A bit odd to have a holiday in the middle of the week, but a day off is a day off! We don't have anything special planned for the holiday as of yet, but I'm guessing we may end up taking advantage of the time off to work on some home projects and then grill something yummy in the afternoon or evening.

My fitness goals have slid to the back burner once again as I have been focusing my free time on getting my honda ready to sell and working on household projects that had been put on hold during the school year. It's hard to live a multi-dimensional life--so many goals and so little time! But, I continue to see small signs of progress and I continue moving forward day-by-day. For the most part I am eating a fairly well-balanced diet. It's the physical activity that I need to kick up a notch!

I've had some thoughts recently about things I'd like to take the time to do this summer: in addition to working out at the gym, I'd also really like to find some time to "play art," as I like to call it. I'm particularly feeling the urge to do some work with polymer clay. I'm not sure what exactly...maybe try bead-making or doing something with image transfers. That's a project that would need to be left for a weekend, as I've found that working with clay can actually be pretty time-consuming. I also want to finish getting my bedroom and office in order--getting everything organized and assigned its proper place. I made a lot of progress last weekend after buying some shelving for my bedroom. It's gratifying to see things coming together! I also want to work on getting our basement more in order again. It will be a great space when it's finally cleaned up and re-organized. But, in the meantime it's a massive project to tackle.

Two months left before classes start up again. That still gives me time to accomplish some more goals!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yes, it is pretty unbelievable that it is already July. That means that Don and I have been in LA for a full month now!

Keep it up with working towards your goals. It is good to hear that you still see small signs of progress. I know a lot of times when we have things, goals, habits we want to change, improve, grow that we want them to happen overnight. It sounds like you have been doing a very good job of keeping your eye on the big picture but also narrowing your focus to specific attainable goals rather than being overwhelmed by all there is to do. Keep it up! It is inspiring.